LUNCH TIME PRAYER FOR ISRAEL
STATEMENT OF FAITH
The LTP team consists of Jews and Gentiles who have come into a personal relationship with the God of Israel by God’s grace through our faith in Yeshua the Messiah (Jesus the Christ).
All our posts reflect our beliefs which are in agreement with the World Evangelical Alliance Statement of Faith and the teaching doctrine of Western Seminary. For a more detailed Statement of Faith and Scriptural basis, please contact us.
- The Holy Scriptures as originally given by God, divinely inspired, infallible, entirely trustworthy; and the supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct;
- One God, eternally existent in three persons, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit;
We believe there is only one true God who describes himself as compassionate, gracious, slow to anger, full of lovingkindness and faithfulness; who forgives sin but does not leave the guilty unpunished. He is infinite, eternal, and unchangeable in his being, knowledge, wisdom, power, holiness, justice, goodness, faithfulness, love and truth. He is absolutely separate, exalted above the world as its creator, yet everywhere present and involved in the world as the sustainer of all things. This God is one in essence and eternally existent in three persons, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, each equal in nature and attributes and equally worthy of worship, trust, and obedience.
- Our Lord Yeshua the Messiah (Jesus the Christ), God manifest in the flesh, His virgin birth, His sinless human life, His divine miracles, His vicarious and atoning death, His bodily resurrection, His ascension, His mediatorial work, and His personal return in power and glory;
- All Humanity has been created in the image of God but that image has been marred by the Adamic nature, inherited from our first parents. As a result ALL have sinned and fallen far short of the intended revelation of God’s glory. Thus without redemption through Yeshua, they are and will be eternally separated from a personal and intimate relationship with God.
- The Salvation of lost and sinful man through the shed blood of the Lord Jesus Christ by faith apart from works, and regeneration by the Holy Spirit;
- The Holy Spirit, by Whose indwelling the believer is enabled to live a holy life, to witness and work for the Messiah Yeshua (Jesus the Christ);
- The Unity of the Spirit of all true believers, the Church, the Body of Messiah;
- The Resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life, they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
Further we believe that:
- God’s has a unique relationship with Israel, the people, the nation and the Land.
- Through the descendants of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob would come a great nation.
- That nation would be a blessing to the world by bringing forth Messiah Yeshua. (Genesis 12:3)
- That nation would be the witness of God’s ways and character – His holiness, justice, grace, judgment and faithfulness. (Isaiah 43:10)
- God’s promises (both blessings and judgment) to Israel are still relevant and applicable to the Jewish people.
- We believe the Church of Messiah has inherited every spiritual blessing through Yeshua.
- Because of disobedience Israel would be dispersed from the Land and into the world of the Gentiles but only temporarily.
- Although all Jewish people are considered “Israel,” “true Israel,” “the Israel of God” are only those Jews who have been redeemed through faith in the atonement of Messiah Yeshua.
- Israel was given the responsibility to steward the Land for the return of the Messiah – as King of Kings – who will rule and reign the world from Jerusalem.
- One day Israel would bring in the end time harvest of souls (Zechariah 8:23).
For our understanding of the relationship between Jews and Gentiles in the Kingdom of God, see: “Israel, The Church and the Kingdom of God” available upon request.