In the Valley of Achor God’s betroths Himself to Israel, binding them by His covenantal love. He is a faithful Husband.
Hosea 2: 18-20
“In that day I will make a covenant for them with the beasts of the field, with the birds of the air, and with the creeping things of the ground. Bow and sword of battle I will shatter from the earth, to make them lie down safely.
“I will betroth you to Me forever; yes, I will betroth you to Me in righteousness and justice, in lovingkindness and mercy;
“I will betroth you to Me in faithfulness, and you shall know the Lord.”
Consider God’s betrothal promises to Israel:
- Righteousness: צֶדֶק – His bride will be righteous.
- Justice: מִשְׁפָּט – God will provide atonement for His bride’s sins.
- Lovingkindness: חֶסֶד – God’s covenantal love is the foundation of the betrothal.
- Mercy: רַחֲמִֽים – God’s love for His bride is supernatural.
- Faithfulness: אֵרַשְׂתִּ – God’s promises are trustworthy; His faithfulness is part of His character and not based on the behavior of His bride.
PRAY GOD WILL LIFT ISRAEL’S BLINDNESS THAT SHE WILL SEE HER FAITHFUL HUSBAND.